Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pocket Silhouettes Sympathy Card & Card Play Video!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes The Impossible Is Exactly What We Need!

When was the last time you called something "impossible?"  Sometimes this word comes up when we think about taking time off or changing our work situation or just slowing down and changing our pace.  When this word comes up for you, it's a great sign that maybe you've hit upon something significant for yourself!  What are those things that you consider impossible and why?  Sometimes I tell myself it is impossible to be a full-time artist...and yet, when I start to examine that belief I begin to notice that there are tons of full-time artists out there who seem to be living that life just fine!  Maybe the issue isn't that it's impossible at all.  Maybe the real issue is my own belief in myself.  This is where I need to begin my journey into the impossible...and watch it turn into the possible!  How about you?

Today's card is a simple and peaceful sympathy card.  We learned this week that a family in our hometown lost their father.  He was 86 years old and lived a full and amazing life.  It seemed important to pause and make a handmade card to send to them.  Here is a video if you want to check out how the card was made.  I hope you like it and, most importantly, I hope it brings the family a moment of comfort.

No comments: