Thursday, August 19, 2010

Friends Fur-ever Balloon Birthday!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Focus On What You Can Do, Rather Than What You Can't

I have to admit to being a bit punky the past few days.  My left knee started bothering me - not from running, but from sitting on planes and traveling and carrying a backpack with a laptop in it...my body is not happy!  So I have not been able to run and it's been driving me crazy since I have been so focused on my marathon goal and I have a very specific running schedule that I've been following.  Today I decided to stop focusing on what I can't do and instead got on the recumbent bike at the gym and rode.  It didn't pound my knee at all and at least I got some exercise.  I've been icing and taking anti-inflammatories...hopefully I'll be back on the pavement soon!  In the meantime, I'll keep focusing on what I can do and let my body heal!

For today's card I pulled out the Friends Fur-ever set again!  I LOVE this stamp set!!!!!  It is way too cute!  I also pulled out one of my favorite greeting sets that is now retired, Happy Everything.  How can you not like a stamp set called Happy Everything?!  The striped background was created using a reinker technique on glossy card stock...might have to film a video to show you how later this week!  The balloons are super simple to make - just a 1" circle punch and some white gel pen.  I jazzed them up with a bit of twisted wire that I adhered with Tombo mono multi-adhesive.  I hope you like it!  If you can't live another moment without this adorable Friends Forever stamp set and need to adopt these wonderful dog stamps, please feel free to shop HERE now!

No comments: