Friday, August 20, 2010

Four Ways Friday #19 - Animal Stories Stamp Set

Welcome to another Four Ways Friday!  Today's Four Ways Friday focuses on the Animal Stories stamp set - soooo cute!
For this first card, I stamped the whale with Going Gray (retired) ink and cut the image out.  I added a bit of dazzling diamonds to his spout.  The waves were created with torn Marina Mist card stock adhered to Bashful Blue.  The whale was popped up in between the waves.  The crests of the waves were given a bit of dazzling diamonds sparkle.  The greeting was stamped in Night Of Navy from the Sincere Salutations stamp set.
This adorable tag began with a tag from the Two Tags die that I ran through the Big Shot with Pretty In Pink card stock.  A piece of Whisper White card stock was stamped with the A to Z stamp in Versamark and then I used the poppin' pastels technique to bring the letters into view.  I used Chocolate Chip and Pretty In Pink chalk with my sponge daubers.  The edges were sponged with Chocolate Chip ink.  The adorable elephant was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink and cut out with a hobby knife.  The greeting is from the Elements of Style stamp set and seemed to fit perfectly for this tag!  The scalloped oval punch in Pretty In Pink creates a wonderful background for the greeting.  I used a piece of sticky strip to adhere the Pretty In Pink taffeta ribbon to the tag and finished the ribbon off with a rhinestone brad.
This little 3x3 Marina Mist card is the perfect gift card.  I used the reverse masking technique and cut a circle template and then stamped the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp in Marina Mist inside the circular mask.  I removed the mask and stamped the greeting from the Sincere Salutations stamp set in Night of Navy.  The cute little owl was stamped with More Mustard and then punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch and then layered on a 1 1/2" circle of More Mustard card stock.  A dash of dazzling diamonds and a button with linen thread finish the look.
For this last card I decided to stamp on acetate with white Staz-On ink.  The acetate was actually from the packaging from a man's razor - what a bonus!  I adhered 2 pieces of designer paper onto the card to create a fun background.  I then punched a piece of Tempting Turquoise with the round label punch and added the word "baby" from the Tiny Tags stamp set.  The label was adhered to the acetate using snail.  I then placed the buttons onto the acetate using mini glue dots.  Finally, I used dimensionals - hidden underneath the round tab and the lower right-hand corner button, to pop the acetate up onto the Rose Red card.  I hope you are inspired by these four ways to use the Animal Stories stamp set.  If you would love to own the stamp set, or any of the other products I've highlighted here, feel free to shop HERE now!

1 comment:

marilynprestonn said...

Somebody was busy making very pretty baby cards Michelle! I love this set and funny 'cause I used it too yesterday. This last one...the girafe...looks like a sticker you did the shading so good. I love them all. What talent my friend.

Note: Hope you are good, I know you keep busy...still waiting for the library about Loving Frank. Meanwhile, I've read The story of Edgar Sawtelle. Great read. and will be starting Lost and found soon. Hugsxo