Saturday, August 14, 2010

Four Ways Friday #18 - Pocket Silhouettes Stamp Set

Hi Everyone!  Thanks for your patience with Four Ways Friday!  I appreciate your stopping back by to see this week's Four Ways Friday using the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set.  This set has been around for a bit and I haven't tired of it at all!
Each of the cards I will be sharing with you is 3x3 in size.  For this card, I punched out a circle and used it as a mask as I stamped the image from Pocket Silhouettes in a circular pattern in Garden Green.  I then punched a circle from Tempting Turquoise and a scallop circle from More Mustard.  I used my scissors to cut petals into the More Mustard to create a flower and sponged the edges with More Mustard ink to give it some dimension.  The center was created by punching a circle out of Soft Suede and then using my piercing tool to make a bunch of holes in the circle.  I then sponged with Soft Suede ink.  The greeting is from Pocket Silhouettes as well, stamped onto Soft Suede with Soft Suede ink and then punched with the Modern Label punch.  A bit of linen thread finishes the look.
For this second 3x3 card, I also used a mask...but this time a reverse mask.  I punched a circle out of a piece of thin chipboard and then used that as a stencil.  I used a post-it note to create an additional mask so that I could sponge both the Bashful Blue sky and then turn the mask around and sponge the Garden Green grass.  The stamp-a-ma-jig was used to help me position the Pocket Silhouettes leaf image and then stamped in Basic Black.  The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I couldn't resist the urge to add a bit of dazzling diamonds to the leaves :)

For this card I decided to go formal.  I stamped the image from Pocket Silhouettes using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder on a small piece of Whisper White card stock.  Three of the edges were rounded and then a hole was punched in the bottom right-hand corner using my crop-a-dile so that I could thread a piece of Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon through the hold and knot it.  The piece was then put on the base card using dimensionals.  The greeting is from Tiny Tags and was stamped in Soft Suede and then punched out using a 3/4" circle punch.  The edges of the circle were sponged with Soft Suede ink and applied to the layer using a dimensional.
I created this adorable little holder to hold the 3 cards and mini envelopes (it can accommodate 4 cards, but since it's Four Ways Friday and I already had 4 samples to show you, I decided not to go overboard :)  I used the Scallops #2 die in the Big Shot to create the background  Rose Red "flower" and used the Circles #2 die for the Whisper White circle.  I used a mask again to sponge the circle and added some glitter to the stamped flowers.  The greeting is from Tiny Tags.  I sponged the Crumb Cake folder with Crumb Cake ink and used Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon as my closure.  Here is the inside of the folder:
I hope you like it!  Let me know if you have any questions.  A video demonstrating how to make a few of the cards and the card holder may be on the way at the beginning of the week!  Have a great weekend!

No comments: