Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Woof! Woof! Friends Fur-ever!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Things Look Different Depending On Where They Are

We brought a painting home today and put it up on the wall.  It looked dark - darker than we had thought.  So then we moved it to another wall - a wall that had a different paint color on it.  All of a sudden the painting just "popped!"  It looked fabulous!  It just needed the right place to shine.  I think this is true of us as well.  Sometimes we find that we are stifled, dull, low on energy...because we are not in the right place for us.  When we find this to be true, we need to explore where the perfect right place for us might be.  Maybe we just need to relocate for an afternoon - or maybe it's time to relocate for a longer time.  Just know that that perfect right place exists where you will shine!

Did I mention that I'm in love with this Friends Fur-ever stamp set?! :)  For this card I stamped the frame image on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I then stamped the same image on a scrap piece of paper and cut out the square center to create a mask.  I placed the mask over the Whisper White frame image and then stamped the little dog so that he would looked "framed."  I used my markers and a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to glitz up the frame and the dog's collar.  I then cut out the frame image and popped it up on dimensionals.  I took a piece of textured Sahara Sand card stock and stamped all over it with the bone image in VersaMark ink.  A piece of linen thread was added with a touch of Tombo Mono Multi-glue at the ends to adhere it to the card.  A brad was punched through at the top of the thread to make the picture hangar.  The greeting was stamped in Basic Black ink onto Tangerine Tango card stock and punched out with the round tab punch.  I adhered the tab onto the back of the Sahara Sand card stock and then mounted that piece onto Pacific Point card stock and a Daffodil Delight card base.  Finally I adhered the framed Westie using the dimensionals and cut out a little bone and popped that up on dimensionals as well...of course I had to coat the bone with Crystal Effects.  Are you as in love with this set as I am???  Feel free to purchase the set HERE now!

No comments: