Monday, July 19, 2010

Post Card Stamping - Punched Posies

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There Are Some Things You Are Just Meant To Do

What a crazy Sunday we had!  The neighbor's dogs got out and saw our cat in the driveway and decided to come running after her.  The poor thing was panicked!  She did what she knew to do (although I had never seen her do it).  She ran for the closest tree and started climbing!  Of course, the closest tree was a huge evergreen that doesn't have any branches until about 30 feet off the ground!  So, up went my gorgeous cat and I was a MESS!  I admit it - I called 911 and said something to the effect of "Two dogs just chased my cat up a tree will the fire department come?!"  The emergency responder quickly told me that the fire department does not do that :(  I was tempted to say something like, "But in every show I watched as a kid the fire departments helped cats out of trees!"  I bit my tongue.  Long story short, I did call animal control, which was closed, although there was someone there to talk to and she informed me that cats know what to do.  That they know how to get up into trees and they know how to get out of them - I just needed to be patient - it could take hours...or, as some internet sites indicated...it could take days!  Well, I'm glad to say it didn't take hours or days and the story has a happy ending.  She made it back out of the tree and we got through the trauma (I think she made it through better than I did).  What I did learn is that there are some things we are just meant to do.  For me it is creating.  For her, it is climbing back down out of trees :)

My nieces are in camp for the summer so I decided to stamp a series of post cards so that I can send them quick messages.  This is the first postcard.  I used Crumb Cake card stock and cut it down to allowable postcard size.  I then made two rectangular paper pieces that I temporarily adhered as masks to the front of the postcard.  I sprayed the card with my alcohol/shimmer paint mixture to make it sparkle.  Then I stamped some of the Punched Posies images with White craft ink and with Soft Suede.  I also added some hearts from the Hello Again stamp set in Rose Red.  I colored the middles of the flowers with my Rose Red marker and then added some stickles for some sparkle!  Hope you like it!

No comments: