Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Post Card Stamping - Bugs & Kisses!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Learn About Other People's Lives - They Just Might Inspire You!

This past weekend we watched the movie Temple Grandin.  It is a true story about a woman with autism who overcomes obstacles to pursue her passion of helping animals.  It was amazing!  I love the message that Ms. Grandin kept repeating - "Nature can be cruel.  We don't have to be."  Temple Grandin continues to dedicate her life to trying to improve the well-being of animals - particularly cattle - even in places like slaughter houses and feed lots.  I was incredibly moved by her determination and the difference she is making.  It inspires me to consider how I can make a difference in my world - whether on a small scale or a grand scale.  Who have you met or read about lately who inspires you?  How might your story inspire someone else?

Today's post card also began with a Crumb Cake postcard and I used two rectangle masks for the "to" and "from" boxes.  I sponged the card with Soft Suede ink.  The ants and bugs and greeting were stamped in a variety of colors - Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, and Old Olive.  Of course, I had to add some 2-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds to give my worm some glitz!  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: