Thursday, July 15, 2010

More Mutts! Friends Fur-ever!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Get To Know Your Postman/Postwoman!

Al delivers our mail.  At least most days.  It's strange to think that for years we had our mail delivered by someone we never met and whose name we never knew.  Maybe even sad to think that we never took the time to find out.  One day our doorbell rang and the postman was making a box delivery so we opened the door and were able to meet our postman face-to-face.  That's how we learned his name is Al.  Today Al stopped by and we gave him a glass of ice water and a bit of chocolate as he handed us our mail.  This may sound like a strange train of thought...but I know I have heard that you shouldn't name a stray animal if you don't want to keep it since once you give it a name you begin to feel connected to it.  No, I'm not saying that Al is a stray!  What I am saying is that knowing someone's name makes them feel like a person to you.  Who is the person who delivers your mail?  Who is the person who picks up your garbage?  Who is the person who bags your groceries in the grocery store?  Do you know their names?  If not, maybe today is a great day to start to investigate!  It is all a part of feeling more connected as a community.

I warned you - I'm still CRAZY for this Friends Fur-ever stamp set!!!!!!  I took the cart idea one step further in this card.  I stamped the cart onto Whisper White card stock and cut it out and colored it using my Aqua Painters.  I stamped the left-hand dog directly onto the Whisper White card stock panel and used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the rope.  The second dog was also stamped and cut out and then popped up on the card with dimensionals.  The cart was also popped up on dimensionals.  This time both of the collars and the grass (created with my Aqua Painter and some Certainly Celery ink) needed some bling!  I used different colors of the super nova glitter and added it to the card using my 2-way glue pen.  Oooh - and I had to glitz the little bird too :)  The greeting was stamped onto Whisper White and punched out with my 3/4" circle punch.  A few additional circles (1" and 1 1/4") were used to layer the greeting.  A small piece of Old Olive satin ribbon finishes the look.  If this card and all the other cards this week have made it impossible for you to live another minute without the Friends Fur-ever stamp set, then feel free to shop HERE now!  If you're still not convinced, check back tomorrow!  Four Ways Friday is featuring this set too!!!!

No comments: