Friday, July 23, 2010

Four Ways Friday #15 - Favorite Things Stamp Set

This week's Four Ways Friday focuses on the Favorite Things stamp set.
For this first card I stamped the "few of my favorite things" stamp onto Whisper White card stock with black ink.  I adhered it to Riding Hood Red card stock.  Riding Hood Red also serves as the base for this card.  I used the Spiral Border punch on a piece of Wild Wasabi card stock and added it as a layer on top of a piece of So Saffron card stock.   I stamped the journal block from the Favorite Things set onto the So Saffron card stock in So Saffron ink.  I stamped the letters "y," "o," and "u" from the Rough Type stamp set in Basic Black onto Crumb Cake (formerly Kraft) card stock and then punched the letters out with my 1/2" circle punch.  The letters were then popped up on dimensionals.  The arrow was punched using the This Way punch (retired) from Soft Suede and then popped up on dimensionals.  I coated the letters and the arrow with Crystal Effects (still one of my most favorite products!).  A piece of linen thread and a So Saffron button finish the look.
For this second card, I stamped the "For Today" stamp from the Favorite Things set onto Whisper White card stock in Rich Razzleberry.  I used an Always Artichoke marker to check the boxes and to hand write the world "always."  I adhered this to a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock and used dimensionals to adhere it to the Whisper White card stock base.  A piece of Kraft taffeta ribbon was attached to the card using sticky strip - this enabled me to fold the ribbon back on itself in order to create the ruffle.  A button was threaded with linen thread and attached to the ribbon using a mini glue dot.  The "i love" was taken from a stamp in the Things I Love stamp set and stamped onto the card using Always Artichoke ink from a marker.  The letters for the word "you" were made using the Simple Letters alphabet in the Big Shot with Always Artichoke card stock.  Of course, I had to coat the letters with Crystal Effects :)  The hearts were added using the Heart to Heart punch with Rich Razzleberry card stock.
This set lends itself really well for use in scrapbooking!  Here I created a small 6x6 scrapbook page that is just waiting for the perfect picture!  The greeting was stamped in Rich Razzleberry onto Whisper White card stock and then mounted onto layers of Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive card stock.  A piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Scallop square die and then adhered behind a piece of Tangerine Tango card stock to create the frame for the photo.  A loop of striped Old Olive ribbon was added before adhering the element to the page.  Finally, the modern label stamp was stamped onto Whisper White using Tempting Turqoise ink, punched out using the Modern Label punch, and then adhered to the page using small silver brads.  The page itself is a piece of textured Tempting Turquoise card stock.
For this final project, I decided to make a small book where I can record a few of my favorite things!  I stamped the journal block image multiple times onto both So Saffron card stock and Wild Wasabi card stock.  I used Rich Razzleberry ink on the So Saffron card stock and Wild Wasabi ink on the Wild Wasabi card stock.  I cut the journal blocks out by hand and then punched arrows using the My Way punch out of Rose Red card stock.  You can't see the arrows in these photos - however, I did adhere an arrow to each of the pages in the upper left-hand corner - exactly over the arrow image that is a part of the stamp.  The front and back cover were cut from Rose Red card stock.  The front cover was sprayed with a mixture of shimmer paint and alcohol (this is a great and economical way to create your own Smooch Spritz - it lasts a long time!).  I then adhered a piece of striped Old Olive ribbon.  The "favorite things" stamp was colored using Rose Red and Wild Wasabi markers and then stamped onto Whisper White card stock and adhered to layers of Wild Wasabi and So Saffron card stock.  This piece was then adhered to the front of the book using dimensionals.  A button with a piece of linen thread was added using a mini glue dot.  The corners of the covers were rounded and then the crop-a-dile was used to punch a hole through the covers and the inside pages.  A 1" ring was placed through the holes to attach the book together and pieces of Rose Red and Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon were tied around the ring to complete the look.  If you don't have your Favorite Things stamp set yet, please feel free to shop HERE now!  See you next week for another Four Ways Friday - thanks for stopping by!

No comments: