Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Summer Mini Stamp-a-Stack Card #3: Sweet Scoops

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Detours Can Hold Surprises!

I was recently in Amsterdam...well, at least I was supposed to be landing in Amsterdam, but due to volcanic ash, we had to land in Brussels instead.  The detour made me a bit nervous since I was traveling alone and did not have a good sense of European geography!  However, once we landed I was able to get my bearings and hopped a train...make that 3 trains, to get to my destination in The Netherlands.  The detour was wonderful!  First I met a lovely man from Los Angeles who was on his way to Eindhoven to visit his sick mother.  He had no idea how to navigate the train system, so I ended up helping him!  Second, the scenery was just gorgeous!  The highlight was passing by a large brown field...in the middle was a blue recliner chair with a man napping in it and a dog splayed out at his feet!  Yes, in the middle of a field!  Amazing!  Sometimes detours can hold wonderful surprises!

I cannot take credit for today's card.  At the same time, I am not sure who to give credit to!  My cousin shared this card with me and said that she had gotten it from somewhere else!  So, if this card looks like your creation, please let me know!  I would love to give you credit!  I used the Sweet Scoops stamp set and YoYo Yellow, Orchid Opulence and Pink Passion ink.  I covered the sprinkles with some dazzling diamonds.  Hope you like it!  Speaking of surprises, the retiring list comes out today!  I will try to be sure to post it for you so you can start shopping HERE! :)

No comments: