Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's The Thought - Turtles

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Start Where You Left Off

Don't get me wrong - I'm not afraid of new beginnings and sometimes new beginnings are the place to start...and, I also believe, that sometimes starting where you left off is another way to move forward - to learn something new.  I left off in the craft room the other day with a layout similar to this one (with those adorable crabs).  So, when I entered the craft room today, I decided to begin my journey where I had left off and to see where the road would take me.  Here's the end result!

I added some background stamping with the Define Your Life stamp set (a huge favorite of mine).  I stamped in Barely Banana ink onto Barely Banana card stock (will be sad to see Barely Banana retire at the end of the month..sniffle, sniffle).  I took the adorable hostess set, It's The Thought, and went crazy with these turtles!  I decided they couldn't make the journey alone - they needed to be together :)  So I used my stamp-a-ma-jig and piled those turtles one on top of the other :)  I colored them with markers and added some dazzling diamonds to make them sparkle!  The round tab punch added a nice touch with the word "journey" stamped in Old Olive ink.  Finally, the gorgeous striped ribbon...watch for this one in more colors with the new catalog in July!  Yeah!!!!!  I hope you like it...now, where did you leave off before coming to see my blog?  That might be a good place to start :)

No comments: