Friday, June 11, 2010

Four Ways Friday...still on its way!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes You've Gotta Do What You've Gotta Do!

I remember a little notepad I had when I was younger.  I don't remember where I got it, but I definitely remember the image and the saying at the top.  There was a little cartoon guy who was being squeezed and squished by a clamp/vice that was around him - both on his head and his feet.  His expression was priceless - his face all mushed and sweat coming off his forehead.  And then the saying, "Oy the pressure!!!!"  Too funny...and sometimes it is exactly how we feel.  This blog can make me feel that way sometimes - I so want to connect with all of you even if sometimes I don't even know if you are there.  I feel a responsibility to you and to your creativity.  I also feel a responsibility to myself and sometimes those 2 things come into conflict with one another.  Maybe "conflict" is a strong word - sometimes I so want to get my posts done and my samples posted and, at the same time, sometimes all I want to do is sit in the yard and stare at the seedlings that are starting to sprout in the garden...especially when I have been traveling and am worn out.  Ahh, the ultimate question - how to take care of yourself, while at the same time taking care of and looking after others.  The best answer I've been able to find so far is "sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do" to take care of yourself - if not, you can't be there for others and, even worse, you start to resent them even though the choices are yours to make.  So, this morning, I have done what I had to do - I rested, went for a run and decided to write to you to let you know that Four Ways Friday is going to be here later today.  However, this morning, I just had to do what I had to do :)  Hope to see you later today!

No comments: