Friday, June 18, 2010

Four Ways Friday #10 - Circles #2 Die

This week's Four Ways Friday uses the Circles #2 die for the Big Shot!  It is amazing how many different materials these dies can cut through - here I show you four!
The Circles #2 die is great to use for hair accessories!  I just ran some regular craft felt through the Big Shot with the Circles #2 die to make the circles.  I then stacked them one on top of the other - a bit off-center.  I used a bit of brown embroidery floss to stitch them together in the middle making an "x."  I then used a needle and regular thread to stitch them to an everyday pony tail holder.  So easy!
I was so excited when I received my Punched Posies hostess set from the Summer Mini catalog!  This set is adorable!  It also happens to coordinate incredibly well with the Circles #2 die.  For this project I used the die to cut through fun foam sheets in pink, orange and green.  I punched and cut images from the Punched Posies set and layered them onto the foam circles.  The foam circles add great dimension and texture to the card!

Did you know your Bigz dies can cut through craft foil?!  I decorated this frame by cutting through gold, silver and copper craft foil with the die!  I layered the circles and punched through the metal with my crop-a-dile.  Decorative brads complete the centers.  I used silver wire to attach all of the flowers to the wire mesh grid at the bottom of the frame.  Now I need to find the perfect picture to put in the frame!
OK, I admit it...for this last project I got a little corny :)  I saw a similar circle caterpillar on the PaperSource website and couldn't get it out of my mind!  I used the largest circle size on the Circles #2 die and ran Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot with the die.  If you really want this caterpillar to stand on his own, you might want to use chipboard to create him.  I used brads to attach the circles to one another and stamped the body with images from Wow Flowers. Since this card is connected with brads you can compress the card into a smaller size for mailing.  Googley eyes, a mouth, and antennae complete the look :)  Hope you have a fabulous and creative weekend!!!!!

No comments: