Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anniversary - Two-Step Bird and Burst

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There Are Moments When It Is Important To Stop What You Are Doing

I went for a run this morning.  It felt great - it was hot - it was one of those runs where everything just seems to be working in harmony.  I had planned to continue running my full run - all the way back to the house.  However, as I approached the park not far from my house, I saw my friend and his dog in the park.  The thought went through my mind to just wave and continue running.  Instead I stopped.  My friend has been dealing with an illness for quite some time and I hadn't seen him in awhile.  Connecting with him and hearing how he was doing - even talking about running shoes and the weather - was more important than continuing my run at that moment.  Sometimes we can be so focused on what we are doing - or so dead set on getting something done, that we miss those moments when it is important to stop what we are doing and connect with someone else.

Today's card is for a friend - she and her husband are celebrating their wedding anniversary :)  I sprayed some pieces of Very Vanilla card stock with a mixture of shimmer paint and alcohol.  Our new Smooch Spritz is another alternative - it comes ready to use in a mister!  I ran the Very Vanilla through the big shot with the flower burst sizzlit and punched a bunch of flowers using my flower trio punch (this is retiring...don't miss your chance to get one while they last!).  I also punched the bird and branches using the two-step bird punch.  The Crumb Cake card stock (formerly known as Kraft) was stamped using Early Espresso ink with the Bella Toile background stamp and the Very Vintage wheel.  I also spritzed a little using the spritzer tool.  The Soft Suede card stock panel was run through a textured impressions embossing folder.  Next, stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched it out with my modern label punch.  Finally, I added a little bit of diamond stickles for a little added sparkle.  I hope you like it!

No comments: