Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Tissue Paper Flower

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing. - Marc Chagall

When I saw this quote it really spoke to me...and I hope it speaks to you as well.  I can get so stuck in my head when I create - analyzing this and that.  Instead, when I just lead with my heart and create for the sake of creating, everything seems to come together.  I may not always be pleased with the end result, but I am always happy in my heart with the process I took to get there!  May you follow your heart in all that you do!

For today's card I decided to try making a tissue paper flower (I saw the technique on the SCS website) using my Scallop Circles #2 die for the Big Shot and some tissue paper I had lying around the house.  You can fold your tissue paper over and over and run it through the Big Shot once to get a whole pile of scallop circles!  I used about 8 layers for each of the scallop circles.  Stack the large circles together, punch a hole in the center with your Crop-o-dile, place a brad in the center and then crunch, scrunch, and mush (all technical terms :) until you get the look that you want.  Then use some ink and sponge the flower with colors of your choice.  I separately created the smaller layer and sponged it a darker color and then combined the two with a corduroy button brad.  I used my Very Vintage jumbo roller in Sahara Sand ink for the background.  The greeting is from Whimsical Words.  I hope you like it!  Now go try making a tissue paper flower on your own...but don't blame me if you get addicted ;)  If you can't live without the corduroy button brads or a Very Vintage wheel, feel free to shop HERE!

No comments: