Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Tissue Paper Boho Blossom

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You can't be afraid of stepping on toes if you want to go dancing - Lewis Freedman

I found today's quote while reading Kelly Rae Roberts' book Taking Flight (If you like to create, you need to get this book - it's wonderful!).  I wonder what the equivalent quote would be for the craft room?  You can't be afraid of getting inky fingers if you want to go craftingYou can't be afraid of totally losing track of time if you want to go creating?  There are so many fears we need to be willing to let go of when we walk into the craft room...or if we're not willing to let go, we have to at least be willing to go into the craft room and do that which we fear to do!  As Sequichie Comingdeer, the Cherokee philosopher, so wisely said, The death of fear is in doing what you fear to do!

This card was inspired by the K&Company Forever Yours wedding album that I saw in an ad from Archiver's.  I drew the lines freehand with my Going Gray Stampin' Write marker.  The flowers were punched out of tissue paper using my Boho Blossoms punch (make sure your punch is nice and sharp so you can punch cleanly through the tissue paper - you might want to punch through heavy-duty aluminum foil a few times to sharpen your punch).  I adhered the flowers to the card with a tiny dot of Tombo Mono Multi-Adhesive and then, of course, I had to use my 2-way glue pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds to the center of the flowers!  The modern label punch in brushed silver creates the perfect background for the Teeny Tiny Wishes anniversary greeting which I punched out with my Word Window punch.  I stamped the greeting using Going Gray as well.  I hope you like it!  If you love Going Gray as much as I do, be sure to stock up on the ink/Stampin' Write markers now!  Going Gray will be retiring at the end of June 2010 as part of the color renovation.  Shop HERE to stock up now!

No comments: