Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Smootch Spritz and Stencils

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Our Education In Creation Is Never-Ending

I sometimes volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club, helping children experience creating art!  It is a joy and an energizer for me!  As I watch the children create and reflect on my own experiences with creating art, I realize that our personal school of art is never-ending.  Every day you sit down to create or think about creating you are moving further into your birthright as a creative being.  There are new thoughts to express and new ways to express them.  Dig deep, there is still so much to learn!

For today's card I combined the Mostly Vintage decor stencil with some Vanilla Shimmer smooch spritz.  If you look closely you can see the outline of the stencil!  It is wonderfully sparkly in person!  I then stamped some of the flowers from Vintage Vogue around the edges in Whisper White craft ink.  And yes, I used my heat tool to dry things since I am a bit impatient ;)  I built the flower with elements from the Pretties Kit...but look closely...I also embossed on some white grosgrain ribbon.  I stamped the floral image in Versamark onto the ribbon and then embossed using silver embossing powder!  I stamped the greeting on Whisper White card stock and added some dazzling diamonds along the edges.  A few half-pearls finish the look.  I hope you like it!

No comments: