Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Motorcycle Stamp - Summer Mini Catalog

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Send It...Even If They Are Better By The Time It Arrives!

Today's card is for my friend Judi's husband, Danny.  (shhh Judi, don't tell Danny :)  He hasn't been feeling well and I thought a little card might provide a pick-me-up.  Of course, since they live far away from Denver, it's possible that by the time this card arrives Danny will be feeling 100% - I can only hope!  I'm going to send the card anyway - hoping and praying that by the time he gets it he really won't need the get well wishes anymore :)  I think this is a great rule to have with cards - send them - even if the event will have passed by the time the card arrives.  As the saying goes, it's the thought that counts :)

The UPS man arrived at my door today with a Stampin' Up! package and I couldn't wait to break out this motorcycle stamp!  What a great all-purpose image to use - especially for masculine cards...although I'd be the first one to admit that motorcycles are as much for women as they are for men!  Except in Atlanta...I owned a motorcycle there and I think my mom added quite a few gray hairs to her beautiful head when she used to see me riding down her street and away from her house.  Motorcycles and crazy drivers in Atlanta are not a good combination...anyway, I digress...so, I used the faux wood technique for the background panel - I'll have to do a video - it's a super simple technique and it creates a great effect.  I used my bone folder to break down the fibers in the corners of the Very Vanilla panel and peeled back a layer of the card stock to give the corners a sueded look.  I did a ton of sponging (on the card stock and on my fingers)!  I hope you like it!  If you can't wait another minute to own this great motorcycle stamp, feel free to shop HERE now :)

1 comment:

jovialjudi said...

Well aren`t you the sneaky one! I sure won`t tell him and I know he will be thrilled! Fabulous stamp and card my friend! We used to ride motorcycles back in the day so he will appreciate this card! And his original illness is better but the antibiotics are making him so sick. Everyone enjoys getting mail!! Please check my blog as you have an award to pick up!! Hugs, Judi