Friday, May 14, 2010

Four Ways Friday #6 - Circle Circus

Today's Four Ways Friday uses the Circle Circus stamp set.  I tried to introduce a few new techniques and a video!  I hope you like it!
 For this first card I decided to pull out my PearlEx powders and go to town!  I had never tried this technique before.  I had the powders stored away from a time when I played with polymer clay.  So today, powders met paper and this is the result!  I stamped images from the Circle Circus stamp set in Versamark onto Brocade Blue card stock.  I then used various PearlEx powders and pounced them onto the Versamark images with a stencil brush.  I sprayed a fast-drying fixative to the card stock to keep the powders from rubbing off.  Once the fixative was dry, I added sponging around the edges and into the center and stamped images from the Elements of Style stamp set in Basic Black and Brocade Blue classic ink.  Of course, I couldn't stop before adding some dazzling diamonds to the flowers :)  I matted the stamped panel onto Brushed Gold card stock and then to a Ballet Blue card base.  I realize that I used more than the Circle Circus stamp set for this card.  I was hoping it would give you ideas for how you can use the stamp set to create gorgeous backgrounds for other images!
This second card uses a fun technique - stamping in fun foam!  Rather than explain how I did it, I thought I'd make a quick video for you to watch.

What can you do with your stamps and fun foam?
For this third card I used Versamark to stamp the small Circle Circus image onto Dusty Durango card stock.  I also stamped the same image in Dusty Durango on Whisper White card stock.  Another image from the stamp set joined it :)  The card was finished with some torn strips of Tempting Turquoise and Crushed Curry, a length of Crushed Curry dotted ribbon with a faux bow, and a greeting from Short & Sweet.  The Circle Circus stamp set lends itself well to creating fun and unique backgrounds!
For my fourth and final project I decided to honor my mom and National Scrapbooking Month!  This is a 6x6 scrapbook page and the punched circles are a great way to frame a photo!  Some of the circles were adhered directly to the base card stock and others were popped up on Dimensionals.  I also used the new Rough Type stamp set from the summer mini catalog and the Introducing stamp set to add the place and date.  I hope you like it!  How else can you use your Circle Circus stamp set?  I'd love to hear about your creations!

No comments: