Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Emboss Resist - Of The Earth

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Round And Round She Goes...Where She Stops, Nobody Knows!

This card was definitely created in stages!  I almost abandoned it numerous times, but I decided to keep going - to allow the process to unfold - all the while hoping that where I would end up would be a place I could smile about :)  And so it is :)  Sometimes you just have to go round and round with it and see where you stop!

I'm not sure I can even recount all of the steps I took to get to this card...it went something like this...stamped A to Z on Very Vanilla card stock; stamped bird image in Versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Took multiple sponges and colors and went wild sponging over everything!  Then I stamped the greeting in black on the background.  Then came the flowers stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then the butterfly image - more Versamark and white embossing powder...and then a bit more sponging.  Then the greeting stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and cut into bite-size pieces and adhered to the card.  The 2-Step Bird Punch was next - sponged with Rich Razzleberry, of course :)  And then some distressing of the edges before putting the entire card together.  Phew!  Quite the journey :)  I hope you enjoyed the trip! :)  Speaking of trips, I will likely not be posting tomorrow (Thursday), but my hope is to be back in time for Four Ways Friday...see you then!

No comments: