Monday, May 17, 2010

Book Frame #2 - Stampin' Up! Style!

 
Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  The thoughts we choose to think are the tools we use to paint the canvas of our lives. - Louise Hay

As artists we have a lot of tools at our disposal - paint and brushes, ink and stamps.  Sometimes we forget that one of the most powerful tools we have are our thoughts.  As Louise Hay points out in her book The Power Is Within You, the thoughts we choose to think are the tools we use to paint the canvas of our lives.  What type of painting are you creating with your thoughts today?  Become aware of your internal babble.  Listen for that self-criticism that creeps into your inner voice.  Today, try to replace that criticism with praise.  Affirm who you are and the place you hold in your life today.  Choose to paint a beautiful picture on the canvas of your life!

Today's project is a belated gift I made for my mom for Mother's Day.  Why is it I can't make a gift on time?! :)  I used my jumbo wheel to decorate this book.  The pages are sealed together with gel medium.  I sprayed some smootch spritz on the blue cover of the book - if you look closely you can see it sparkling!  The letters were cut from different thicknesses of chipboard with dies and the Big Shot.  The letters were "colored" with classic ink and then covered with Crystal Effects for that glossy look!  A rub on (see it?  it's the word "your") and some buttons adorn the spine.  Finally, I stamped "love" and a flower image from the Tiny Tags set on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and placed it in a Hodgepodge Hardware frame.  I hope you like it and I hope my mom does too :)

No comments: