Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Heat Embossed Background Stamp - Bella Toile

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Change Your View

We moved a birdbath in the backyard and, by chance, I can now see the birdbath out of my office window when I am sitting at my computer (I'm watching it right now, as I type!).  It's not that I didn't look out my window before.  But now I am finding a whole new world to look at!  Yesterday the robins decided to have a celebration!  It was an amazing site to see!  How can you change your view today?

Today's color challenge on SCS was a lot of fun - soft suede, certainly celery, tempting turquoise and a neutral of choice...with the added challenge to use some crimping!  I had no idea how I was going to mix in the turquoise!  I stamped the Bella Toile in certainly celery craft ink and then heat embossed with my heat tool and clear embossing powder.  Then I used a sponge and sponged soft suede all over the embossed image and on the areas that were not embossed.  I ran the tempting turquoise through the crimper to make it look a bit like ribbon and then "gathered it" using glue dots to create the folds.  I even sponged a bit of soft suede to give it an aged/vintage look.  Finally, I used some gold alcohol ink to change the color of my silver rimmed tag.  The greeting was stamped and a little linen thread added for the finishing touch!  I hope you like it!

p.s.  Stampin' Up! is making a new product announcement at noon today!  Can't wait to hear what it is!!

1 comment:

Francie G. said...

Fabulous embossed background! Wonderful use of the colors! Lovely, Michelle!