Friday, April 09, 2010

Four Ways Friday #3 - Baroque Motifs

Welcome to another Four Ways Friday, where I show you how to use one stamp set (and sometimes just one stamp) in four different ways!  This week's Four Ways Friday uses the Baroque Motifs stamp set.  This is an all-time favorite of mine!  The first card is a reminder that simple stamping can have a huge impact!
This is a small 3x3 card that was incredibly quick and simple to make.  Just stamp the flourish with Old Olive and then stamp the flower image and the greeting with Rose Red.  These 3x3 cards are great for accompanying gifts or for hiding in small places for your loved ones to find :)

This next card uses a few techniques.
 I began by stamping the flourish onto Whisper White card stock with VersaMark ink and then used clear embossing powder and my heat tool to emboss the flourish.  I then inked my brayer with Bashful Blue ink and brayered over the embossed stamping.  I sponged the edges of the panel with Chocolate Chip ink.  I then took a smaller Bashful Blue card stock panel and crumpled it up in my hand.  I flattened it back out and sponged the outer edges and used my sponge to gently go over all of the raised creases to give this panel an aged look.  The flower was made like the one from the last Four Ways Friday - just 4 or 5 scallop circle punches that were sponged with Basic Black ink and the crumpled until they were just right.  They were all connected using a rhinestone brad.  The greeting was stamped on a small piece of Whisper White card stock, sponged and made into a "flag."
This third card was made with the chalkboard technique.  I stamped the flower image multiple times with VersaMark onto the black card stock.  Then I took a sponge dauber with my Pumpkin Pie pastel pounced all over the VersaMark images.  I used the pastel eraser to clean up the edges and sprayed this panel with a fixative to eliminate any chance that the chalk dust would rub off the card stock.  The larger graphic image was stamped in Basic Black on Pumpkin Pie card stock and a brad was put in the middle.  I seem to be enjoying making flags these days, so I stamped the greeting onto Very Vanilla card stock and created a flag with sponged edges.  The black panel was mounted onto a Pumpkin Pie panel and then adhered to a Very Vanilla card base.

This final project is a reminder that your stamps are for a lot more than just cards!  I used a plain old paper lunch bag and stamped the flourish on both sides using Chocolate Chip ink (you could stamp the side panels too if you'd like!).  I then folded down the top a number of times and punched a whole in the center of the folds with my Crop-a-dile.  I used 5/8" grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip to tie a knot as the closure.  I punched out a 1 3/4" circle and sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink and then used my spritzer tool to add a little "splatter."  I stamped the flourish at half strength onto the circle and used the Crop-a-dile to punch a whole in the top of the circle.  The greeting was stamped in full strength.  I attached the tag to the bag using gold elastic.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Also, if there is a set or stamp you would like to see featured in a future Four Ways Friday - just let me know!  I always love your input!

No comments: