Saturday, April 03, 2010

Die Cut Fabric Sign

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Are An Artist!

There is a mystique associated with certain words and the word "ARTIST" is as "mystiquey" a word as I know!  Why is it so much easier to call oneself a "crafter" or a "hobbyist?"  When it comes to calling myself an "artist," I start to sweat!  Who me?  An ARTIST?!  And yet this is a word, an identity, that I want to own.  I want to try being an "artist" on for size and walk around to see if I can get comfortable with this identity.  It's not that I don't want to be a crafter or a hobbyist...I just don't want to call myself the "C" word or the "H" word if why I'm doing so is because I feel "less than" or "not good enough."  So today, I am an artist...and so are you!

I had a lot of fun playing with fabric to make this adorable DREAM sign.  It's amazing how you can use the Big Shot to die cut letters and shapes and put them together to make signs, purses, quilts...the possibilities are endless!!!!!  I hope you like this first sign...I have a feeling there will be many more to come!!!!  After all...that is what being an artist is all about :)

No comments: