Monday, April 12, 2010

Candy Bands - Spring!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Show Appreciation For The Kindness Of Others

I had a great run yesterday - my longest yet - 6.2 miles - and Buddy came along for the adventure!  However, later in the afternoon, I was visited by a splitting headache.  Unfortunately, I was not at home - I was at a hockey game with bright white ice and loud music...ugh!  Michael disappeared for a bit and when he came back he handed me something.  I looked into my hand and there were 2 ibuprofen tablets.  Without saying a word, he had gone to the medical room at the arena and had gotten the medication for me.  It was an amazingly kind act - something so unexpected and so appreciated.  I thanked him then and I thanked him again today for showing such kindness to me.  How can you show appreciation today for the kindness someone has paid you?

It's time for more candy bands for the candy dishes the tellers have at my bank!  April is the time when everything is waking up again outside - so how perfect to use the greeting from the Bella's Bloom stamp set!  The grass is from the Inspired by Nature stamp set and the butterflies were die cut using the Beautiful Butterflies die and the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  I sponged the edges with Glorious Green.  I hope you like them!

No comments: