Thursday, April 15, 2010

Animal Stories and Nursery Letters Wheel - Stamp-a-Stack Card #3

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Are Not Pavlov's Dog

Ivan Pavlov is famous for his studies with dogs.  The phrase "Pavlov's dog" is often used to describe someone who is merely reacting to a situation rather than thinking about it critically.  I realize that I developed quite a conditioned response to my cell phone ringing.  Phone rings - I answer.  Why do we do that?  It really is ridiculous!  Some people have this conditioned response no matter where they are - at the check-out in the grocery store, in the movies, even...gasp...in the public bathroom (and I have to admit to repeatedly flushing when someone takes a call into the bathroom - is no place sacred?!).  I am learning to recondition myself.  Just because my phone rings does not mean I need to change what I am doing in that moment.  As a matter of fact, it is more important for me to stay focused on my activity and take a break to check messages or return phone calls when I am ready.  Can you retrain yourself?

This is the 3rd card for my upcoming All Occasions Stamp-a-Stack.  I used the Nursery Letters jumbo wheel - if you haven't used a wheel in awhile, you're missing out!  I LOVE my wheels!  They are a great way to put together a quick card that looks fabulous - and they are also so fun to use!  I ran the wheel across my Bashful Blue classic ink pad and then across the card.  The giraffe was stamped with Almost Amethyst (I'm so going to miss this color when it is retired at the end of June...sniffle, sniffle).  I added some dazzling diamonds to his spots for a bit of bling :)  A touch of Bashful Blue satin ribbon and some Certainly Celery and Barely Banana card stock finish the giraffe.  The greeting, from Sincere Salutations, was stamped with Perfect Plum.  I hope you like it!  Don't forget to stock up on your color favorites before they retire at the end of June!  You can shop HERE at any time!

No comments: