Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two Tags Easter Treat

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  "If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't."

Today's lesson comes from Michael Pollan's new book, Food Rules.  We went to a friend's house for dinner last night and they shared the book with us - it's now on my reading list!  I have read some of Pollan's other books, In Defense of Food and The Omnivore's Dilemma and am becoming much more attuned to the belief that we are what we eat.  How often, these days, are we not even aware what it is that we are eating?  I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like I need a scientific dictionary to understand some of the ingredients listed on food labels.  So today we signed up for Door To Door Organics and are going to continue to be more conscious of what we consume.  I like the idea of knowing more about what I'm putting into my body.

Today's treat was inspired by a swap I received from Connie Stewart (thanks Connie!).  The treat uses the 2 tags die in the Big Shot and it holds 3 Andes mints (maybe I need to find a healthier treat to fit inside these little containers!).  I used the Good Egg stamp set to stamp the inside and outside of the tag with Rich Razzleberry ink.  The greeting is from the same set.  The Boho Blossoms punch came in handy for creating the flower embellishment.  I hope you like it!

No comments: