Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Follow Your Waking Dreams

Have you ever paid attention to what your internal voice is telling you upon awakening?  I listened very carefully yesterday morning when, upon awakening, I had a waking dream about heat embossing on fabric!  I had never thought of it before, and since I just started sewing last week, somehow the thought of embossing combined with the act of sewing in the middle of the night and I woke with the idea!!!  I love heat embossing on paper, so why not fabric?!  Listen to your waking dreams - you never know where they might take you!

Today's card uses my heat embossed fabric technique!  Scroll down to the next post to watch the how-to video.  I used the Charming stamp set and white craft  ink with gold embossing powder on my black fabric.  Before embossing the fabric, I ran it through the Big Shot with the Flower Folds die.  The flower was made with 4 of the smallest flowers cut from the die.  I also ran the black card stock through the Big Shot with the Finnial Press embossing folder.  I heat embossed the greeting in black on the brushed gold card stock.  I hope you like it!

No comments: