Monday, March 08, 2010

Quilted Furry Purse

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Take On A Challenge!

Late in the afternoon yesterday I decided it was time to head back to the sewing machine.  I knew I could have started small - maybe a pillow cover or something simple for sewing project #2...but what fun would that be!  Instead I chose to challenge myself!  I had seen the rag quilted purse that Angie Juda had made and I had even watched her video on how to make it (before I learned how to sew) and I was so inspired I thought - What the heck!  I am soooooo proud of myself I am going to burst!  I have to admit that choosing to use a bulky furry fabric was probably not the best choice for a first purse, but it didn't stop me :)  I can't wait to use my purse today!  How can you challenge yourself today?

No comments: