Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Metal Die Cutting

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Move Outside Your Comfort Zone!

I took my permission to make a mess seriously the other day and I have the inked up fingers and cuts to prove it!  I decided to have a little fun with my Big Shot and some metal flashing from the home improvement store.  Metal is quite a bit different from paper and I knew this meant moving outside my comfort zone...literally...die cut flashing is sharp!  I highly recommend wearing gloves if you're going to make a mess with metal!  I used alcohol inks to die the metal, but the dies I used were all Stampin' Up! exclusives!  I used the flower folds and the daisies #2 die.  Now I'm thinking of the artwork that I'm going to create that will incorporate these flowers...I sense more messes ahead!!!

No comments: