Monday, March 01, 2010

Faux Nesties/Die Cuts

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Habits Are Die Hard!

All of those old Bruce Willis Die Hard movies were fun to watch and part of the fun was that no matter what came at Bruce he kept on going!  I'm in the process of trying to change some habits - habits that I feel aren't assisting me in my creative journey.  One of the things I'm trying to change is how I start my day.  Rather than jump on line and look at the devastation that has taken place in the world over night, I am trying to sit down and write in my journal.  I will get going pretty well for a few days and then, oops, there comes that old habit again!  Today I triumphed - my journal came first...we'll hope for the best tomorrow!

Today's card is for 2 challenges on SCS; the clean and simple challenge - to make a square card, and the new technique challenge - to make faux nesties.  I used my modern label punch to create the "nesties" feel.  I cut out squares of card stock and then placed the punch half-way into the square and punched all 4 sides.  I also used the end of the punch to punch the corners of the confetti card stock.  I hope you like it!

stamps: Elements of Style (coming soon in the Summer mini catalog)
card stock:  Bravo Burgundy, Confetti
ink:  bravo burgundy
accessories:  modern label punch, 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" circle punches, dimensionals

1 comment:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to try this for myself - Jean