Thursday, March 18, 2010

Embossed Anniversary Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Get A Breath of Fresh Air!

It is gorgeous outside today!  Warm and sunny - the birds are chirping and the squirrels are running around playing chase in the backyard.  Tomorrow, however, is going to be a different story!  They are predicting at least 4-8 inches of snow in the city!  How crazy!  So, given the beauty of today, I thought it was imperative to go outside to get a breath of fresh air!  OK, I admit it...I got more than one breath!  I actually took my work outside to the backyard and sat on the bench and read in the sun.  I even took the phone out there so I could conduct my conference call outside!  Have you been outside today?  Don't forget to get that breath of fresh air everyday...rain or shine...it really does boost your mood!

Today's card was quick and easy!  I needed to make an anniversary card for my aunt and uncle.  I grabbed the Always stamp set and stamped in versamark onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I embossed with gold embossing powder with my heat tool.  The greeting was stamped in Ruby Red and is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (LOVE this set - it has a greeting for everything!).  Finally, I decided the card needed a tiny bit more texture so I ran the bottom of the card through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I embossed the flap of the envelope too!  I have to say that I love that Stampin' Up made these embossing folders a tad bit larger than the Cuttlebug embossing folders.  As a result you can emboss the entire flap of one of our medium envelopes!  It looks great!  Hope you like it!

No comments: