Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Clear Embossed Stencil

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's OK To Make A Mess!

I keep telling myself that it's OK to make a mess and I'm waiting to accept that message with the energy of a child!!!!  I seem to look at the piles or messes I make in the craft room with a bit of disdain - like it's something I'm not supposed to do.  This attitude, I feel, is holding me back.  I remember as a child, the idea of making a mess was a joy!  Mud pies and puddles to jump in were the BEST!  I want to tap into that again - wish me luck making a mess!!!!!

Today's card was a ton of fun to make!  I began by sponging my stencil with versamark ink on whisper white card stock and then clear embossed.  I used my brayer to brayer on basic gray ink.  I touched up the brayering with some basic gray sponging.  The flower is 5 scallop circle punches that I sponged with bermuda bay and basic gray and then scrunched, crunched and softened with a bone folder and my fingers.  The center is a build-a-brad with an image from tiny tags stamped in basic gray onto so saffron and and then punched with a 3/4" circle punch.  I hope you like it!  There is only 1 day left of Sale-A-Bration!  Don't miss out!  Shop HERE now!

No comments: