Sunday, February 07, 2010

Tri-Shutter Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Try A New Technique!

This weekend I've done a bit of exploring.  On Friday night I tried a new chocolate cake technique - baking a mug of chocolate cake in the microwave!  It was crazy and yummy :)  (Here's the link if you want to give it a try)!  I also decided to try a new technique in the craft room: the Tri-Shutter card...here's the result!  This card was a ton of fun to create and really not that complicated at all.  I found the directions at SCS, got out my supplies and went to town!  What do you think?  Here is a picture of the card when it is closed...

I think I need to head back into the craft room to make a second one!  I may even have to put together a video so you can see how easy this card is to make!  Is there a new technique you have tried that you'd like to share?  Please leave me a note in the comments - I'd love to hear about it!

stamps:  Cheep Talk, Happy Everything, Whimsical Words
card stock:  Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Welcome Neighbor dsp
ink:  Dusty Durango, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry
accessories: xacto blade, scallop circle punch, 1 1/2", 1 1/4", 1", 1/2" circle punches, dazzling diamonds

No comments: