Monday, February 01, 2010

Scallop Circle Punch Flowers

Tonight's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Creativity Doesn't Punch A Clock!

I have noticed that the past few nights my creativity seems to get into full gear later and later in the evening.  Mind you, 9 p.m. is late in the evening for me...I've been known to be tucked in bed by then! :)  I can sit here and wish all I want that my creative juices would start flowing when I say so, but that just isn't how it works.  Your creativity doesn't punch a clock.  The muse will strike when it is ready - we just need to be listening.   We also need to continue to feed our muse - show her the beauty that surrounds us; make sure she is comfortable in her surroundings.  The more we take care of, as opposed to try to force our creative muse, the more she will visit us with her gifts!

This card began as a scallop circle punch experiment!  I punched some scallop circles out of designer paper (Sweet Pea and Welcome Neighbor designer paper).  I then cut into the scallops with my paper snips.  For the flower layer I cut in every 2 scallops and for the center I cut in on every scallop.  I then crumpled the circles and sponged them with Pretty In Pink classic ink.  I scrunched the centers a lot more that the outside petals - almost folding them in on one another.  I secured the centers to the flowers using a mini glue dot and adhered the flowers to the card using a combination of mini glue dots and dimensionals.  I hope you like them!

stamps:  Whimsical Words
card stock:  Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Sweet Pea and Welcome Neighbor designer paper
ink:  Bermuda Bay, Pretty In Pink
accessories: Big Shot, perfect polka dots embossing folder, pretties kit (half pearls), sponge

No comments: