Monday, February 01, 2010

Inking Your Wheels!


OK, I admit it, I'm wheel crazy (and I don't mean that in the Elmer Fudd kind of way :)!  I am loving my I {Love} Love jumbo wheel!  It is so easy to use and looks fabulous!  This picture is of a bunch of candy dish bands that I made to give the ladies at my bank to put around their candy dishes!  There is a piece of Sticky Strip on the back of one end of the band so that they can wrap the band around the dish and adhere.  This also allows them to slip the band off after Valentine's Day and hold onto it for next year (if they want).  I used the jumbo wheel with Chocolate Chip ink to start and then distressed the edges of the paper with my distressing tool.  I then sponged Chocolate Chip ink on the edges.  I used one of my favorite Itty Bitty Background stamps to add more textured "dots" with Close To Cocoa ink.  The hearts were made by using heat and stick powder on a piece of kraft card stock.  I glittered a long piece of the paper and then punched out the hearts with 3 different heart punches.  The paper "curls" were made by twisting 1/4" wide pieces of kraft card stock around the handle of a paint brush.  Hope you like them!

TIP:  How To Ink Your Wheels
There are a few different ways you can ink your wheels.  You can purchase the cartridges for the wheel in a variety of colors.  Or, if the color you want does not come in a pre-inked cartridge, you can buy a "blank" cartridge and use reinkers to ink the cartridge and you are good to go.  My favorite technique for inking the wheels right now, however, is not bothering with a cartridge at all!  I just snap the wheel into the handle and then roll the wheel back and forth on the ink pad of my choice.  I roll it a number of times to ink it up and then roll onto paper.  Of course, I have to reink if I want to wheel again, but I don't mind this extra step!  If you are choosing to wheel a paper tablecloth or a long piece of paper you may want to use a cartridge so you don't have to keep reinking.  Shop HERE, 24/7 for ink, cartridges and wheels :)

No comments: