Friday, February 19, 2010

Eyelet Paper Lace

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes What You Don't Want, Is Exactly What You Need!

I woke up to snow this morning.  I was comfy in the house and was having those cranky "I don't want to go outside and walk the dog in the cold" kind of thoughts.  So I dawdled as much as possible until I finally put on my boots, hat, coat, gloves, ski pants...all the appropriate layers, and out we went.  As the walk went on, I began to feel calm, peaceful...dare I say, "joyous?!"  This walk was just what I needed to start my day off on the right foot (no pun intended) :)  Sometimes what you don't want, is exactly what you need!

Today's limited supply challenge on SCS was to use ribbon and borders.  I broke out the eyelet border punch and punched a piece of very vanilla card stock and then ran that through the crimper about 1 million times...okay, maybe not a million, but a bunch :)  I used a piece of cottage wall designer paper and then cut a small slit on the spine of the card so that I could thread through my satin ribbon.  I hope you like it!

stamps:  Sincere Salutations
card stock:  Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Cottage Wall designer series paper
ink:  rich razzleberry
accessories:  eyelet border punch, crimper, very vanilla satin 5/8" ribbon

No comments: