Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bitty Birthday and Faux Designer Paper

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's OK To Not Know

Lately I've been contemplating some of the "big" questions - Why am I here?  What is my purpose?  I keep thinking that a lightening bolt will strike and I'll have all the answers.  As I walked Buddy this morning, my head spinning with the question of why I am here, I realized that it's okay to not have all the answers.  What's important is that I keep asking the question and that I keep searching for the purpose I am here to fulfill.  I hope your journey is going well!

I was very excited by today's color challenge on SCS - pale plum, perfect plum, soft suede and neutrals of your choice - what a great mix of colors that I would never, in a million years, have put together!  I created some "faux" designer paper by stamping the itty bitty background and then the circle on some whisper white card stock.  The cake was stamped on whisper white with black staz-on and then colored in with markers.  I added a bit of glitz on the frosting and also tiny dots of glitz on the "faux" paper.  I hope you like it!

stamps:  Bitty Birthday, Circle Circus, Short & Sweet, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
card stock:  Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
ink:  black staz-on, perfect plum, pale plum, soft suede, yoyo yellow
accessories:  tag punch, large tag punch, dazzling diamonds, white organza ribbon, scallop border punch

No comments: