Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shimmer Mist


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  "The only death you die is the one you die every day by not living."

This quote comes from the adventurer Norman Vaughan.  He became part of history as the chief dog driver on the first Byrd Antarctic Expedition in 1928-30.  To honor Norman for his contributions as chief dog driver, Admiral Byrd named a mountain after him. On December 16, 1994, three days shy of his 89th birthday, Norman fulfilled a lifelong dream. He climbed his namesake, Mount Vaughan, a 10,302' Antarctic peak. Now he plans on going back to celebrate his 100th birthday at the top!  If that's not living, I don't know what is!!!!  You can learn more about Norman Vaughan HERE.  What will you do today to live your life?

Today's challenge card on SCS was to find inspiration in the Echo designs.  This card was inspired by this beautiful bath collection.  I stamped the eastern blooms image in sahara sand on the very vanilla cs.  This card is filled with shimmer!  I sprayed the whisper white stamped panel with a mixture of alcohol and champagne shimmer mist paint and let it dry!  It really is fabulous in person!  Here's a close-up of the shimmered panel:


I added the butterflies and the greeting and popped up the panel on dimensionals.  Hope you like it!

stamp sets:  Eastern Blooms, Whimsical Words
card stock:  very vanilla, sahara sand
ink:  sahara sand, basic black
accessories:  alcohol, spray bottle, champagne shimmer mist paint, gold elastic cord, beautiful wings embosslit, big shot

Don't forget about the BLOG CANDY that Judi is giving away!  You can visit her blog HERE.

3 comments:

jovialjudi said...

How I love your lessons from the craft room! I always learn something new from you. You are a wealth of information! Wow!100 yrs old and climbing to the top. How awesome!! I do try to live each day to the fullest and be thankful for being able to do so. Thanks for a great reminder! I love this card today and put it into my favs!Are the butterflies the new ones I asked about? Lovely!! Hugs, Judi

Teresa Kline said...

wow, I adore this elegant card...it is a beauty.....nicely done....I hope you have a fabulous day!

enjoy *~*

Lorraine said...

Oh yes, I can see the shimmer - how lovely. I love the beauty in it's simplicity.