Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Send A Little LOVE Stamp-a-Stack - Sample #2


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Can Go From Blah To Ahhh In No Time!

I went to dinner last night with my neighbors.  We decided to try a new restaurant in the area and, I'm sorry to say, it was quite the disappointment.  To quote my neighbor about one of the dishes we tried, "That is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted!"  You get the picture :)  We were going to stay for dessert when I remembered a crepe place that was around the corner.  I had never been there, but had heard great things about it.  So, I made the suggestion and off we went to try to turn our luck around!  Wow!  What an amazing place!!!!  If you are ever in Denver, you must go!  It's called Crepes & Crepes and it is in Cherry Creek.  We sat at the bar and watched them make crepe after crepe - delicious!  I had a crepe called the Heather - inspired by a customer who created the combination - a citron crepe with sugared cream cheese, brown sugar, and strawberries...ahhhhhhhh :)  So remember, if you're experiencing the blahs, don't worry!  You can go from Blah to Ahhhhhh in no time!

Today's card was inspired by a swap I received from Jackie Bultje when I was at Leadership Convention (thanks Jackie!).  I made a few changes and this is the result!  I am in love with our new 5/8" satin ribbon!!!!  Yummy!  I made a "faux bow" so that the card could go through the mail without a problem.  I'll try to post a video on how to make these easy, flat bows.  The greeting is from Happy Everything and the birds are from the hostess set The More The Merrier.  Our Sending Love specialty paper has glitter on one side of every sheet!  It adds just the perfect touch to this card!  I added some dazzling diamonds (as Jackie had done on her card) to the birds using my 2-way glue pen.  This is sample #2 for this weeks Stamp-a-Stack.  Hope you like it!

No comments: