Saturday, January 16, 2010

Heat Tool and Organza


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There's Always Something New To Learn!

Organza melts when a heat tool is applied to it....who knew?! :)  I learned this neat little trick at the SU! Leadership Convention so I, of course, had to go and buy some organza to give it a try.  Rumor has it that any fabric with synthetic fibers will shrivel up/melt.  Oh the fun I can have!  You do have to be careful though - too much heat and the fabric will burn.  I won't tell you how I learned that lesson :)  I die cut the fabric with the daisies #2 die in the Big Shot and then used a paint brush handle to hold the layers together on a heat resistant surface and the I heated it with the gun.  Hope you like it!  What new things did you learn today?????

No comments: