Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Beginnings!


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Every Minute Of Every Day You Can Decide To Start Anew!

Happy New Year!!!!  2010 is here and, I imagine, for a lot of us there is pressure - pressure to fulfill whatever New Year's resolutions we have made.  Pressure to make this year better than ever.  It's amazing the power we give to the first day of the year, when, in reality, every day is the start of a new day - every day can be the start of our year - any moment of any day can be our new beginning.  What if we gave each moment of our life the power it deserves?  What if we recognized that it's never too late or too soon to begin again.

I was like the Tasmanian Devil in my craft room, trying to create this card for the challenge on SCS today!  Quite the challenge to whip up a card in 15 mins.  I have to confess that my 15 minutes did not include drying time for the stickles - I took a photo of the card while it was still wet :)  I paper pieced the cupcake by using half of a scallop circle from the scallop circle punch and then cutting a square and using my scissors to taper it a bit.  I then ran the tapered square through the crimper.  Hope you like it!!!!

1 comment:

jovialjudi said...

What a darling cupcake card! Very creatively done.I always photograph my stickles wet...trying to develop more patience in the New Year! Hope you have a Healthy and Creative New Year Michelle! Hugs!! by the way...still watching the Twilight Zone! LOL