Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fox & Friends CAS Card

Tonight's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Reflect

I was speaking to a group of women last week and one of the topics we discussed was "self care."  One woman mentioned that on her drive home from work she asks herself the following questions:  "What did you do well today?"; "What did you learn today?"; "What are you grateful for?"; and "How can I be a great _____?"  I was impressed by the time she carved out every day to reflect on how she spent her day and how she might improve tomorrow.  When was the last time you stopped to reflect?  Now is a great time to start!

Tonight's card came together very quickly.  The clean and simple challenge on SCS was inspired by a simple sketch.  I have to admit that I laughed out loud when I stamped this card :)  Something about the "you, you, you" and those 3 owls tickled my funny bone :)  I actually used a 1 1/2" circle punch to cut a guide for stamping the 3 owls in a row (since I didn't trust myself to free-hand it).  The owls were stamped in 3 complimentary colors.  I created a faux bow for easy mailing.  (You can see my video on how to make this faux bow HERE!).  I had to add a little sparkle to the owls with dazzling diamonds.  I rounded two of the corners with my corner rounder.  Hope you like it :)

stamps:  Three Little Words, Fox & Friends
card stock:  Very Vanilla
ink:  Taken With Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Basic Black
accessories: dazzling diamonds, certainly celery 5/8" satin ribbon, corner rounder, stamp-a-ma-jig (1 1/2" circle punch for template)

No comments: