Thursday, December 17, 2009

Stamped CD Case Calendar


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  A Clean Space Can Clear Your Mind

Pre-New Year's Resolution #1 - get the office and craft room clean!  Right now Michael is in the lead - he cleaned his office today and it is amazing how soothing it is to walk into that space right now!  Before it was a whole lot of clutter - now it is a whole lot of open space and clean - ahhhhhh.  If that doesn't motivate me, I don't know what will!  The feeling of calm and quiet that enters my mind when I enter his office is definitely something I want to experience in the craft room!  Pre-New Year's Resolution #1, here I come!!!!

This calendar idea was inspired by kwerner.  I saw the idea for creating a printed calendar and went from there!  I created the calendar template using Pages on the Mac and then I stamped each month individually.  This version is for my aunt who is a fanatic for white and blue!  The calendar "stand" is a CD case that is folded back on itself (I hope that makes sense - you open the CD case and then you keep pushing...even if you think you're going to break it...and it makes this great little stand that you can slide your calendar pages in each month).  The calendar pages are 4 3/4"x 4 3/4".  I may just have to turn this project into a class!  Hope you like it!  Off I go to tackle that resolution!!!!! :)

No comments: