Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Define Your Life - Always


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Can Do It!!!!

So the door on one of the kitchen cupboards has been hanging precariously for months.  Yes, months!  I kept hoping that a magic fairy (or Michael) would fix it in the middle of the night and I would wake up one morning and it would be fixed!  Well, today the magic fairy came...she just happened to be me :)  I guess Michael had taken a look at it awhile ago and was stumped by the hinge and how it worked, so he was waiting for some inspiration.  Rather than wait any longer, I got out the screwdrivers - 3 of them, mind you - and went to work.  I am very happy to report that I did have to go into the craft room for a bit of clay so that I could hold the screw onto the end of the screwdriver while trying to screw it into place! :)  Michael even tested out my handiwork and was quite impressed with the result!  Yeah!!!!!  It's amazing how happy a properly working cupboard door can make you :)  So the next time you are waiting around for the magic fairy, thinking you can't do something on your own, think again!  YOU can do it!!!! :)

This card was for today's sketch challenge and SCS and it came together quickly - although I must admit, it came together backwards :)  I was originally thinking about using 2 different patters of paper and then decided I liked it best with this one pattern...and realized that I cut my paper diagonally the wrong way - at least according to the sketch challenge - oops!  So, I hope you will forgive me - you can imagine the diagonal line going the other way...after all, I was able to fix the kitchen cupboard today and that's gotta give me some points to use against other goofs :)  I think this will make a very sweet Valentine's Day card.  Hope you like it!

No comments: