Saturday, November 21, 2009

Joy Christmas Stamp-a-Stack Card


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes We Organize Because We Need To Get Organized...And Sometimes It's Because We Are Avoiding Creating

I notice that sometimes I organize the craft room because it has just gotten totally out of control.  I also realize, however, that at times organizing the craft room is just an excuse for not creating.  I have a few excuses for not creating:  1) I need to organize first or 2) I need to go out and buy some craft supplies (if you saw my craft room you would know that I don't need to go out and buy ANYTHING!).  Sometimes it's just easier to do everything other than sitting down in the craft room and facing that blank card front or that mass of items and embellishments waiting to be cut, scored and adhered into something new.  Why are we so afraid of the act of creation?  What scares us?  I ponder that question a lot and it seems that often my response is that I am afraid of what I will create - I am afraid it won't be (fill in the blank) - you can fill in the blank with "good enough," "pretty enough," "worthy enough," "impressive enough," etc. etc. etc.  The list goes on and on.  Yet if we don't try to create - if we don't go through the process of trying and trying again, how can we expect ourselves to create something beautiful?  You can't hit the home runs unless you are willing to get into that batter's box and give it your best shot.  So the next time you decide you have to organize or head to the craft store...ask yourself if you really NEED to - or if what you really need to do is sit down and create! :)

This card is one of the cards from my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack class.  I have had this class set up for 3 weeks in a row at the house to accommodate snowstorms and illnesses.  I have to say that a part of me is really looking forward to cleaning up after the class tomorrow and finally being able to enjoy the dining room and living room again :)  Now stop reading this and go create something :)

No comments: