Sunday, October 04, 2009

Greetings Earthling


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There Is A Feeling Of Calm That Comes With Focus

I am sooooo happy to be back in the craft room after my trip to London!  The flights home were long and filled with creative anticipation :)  Today I took Buddy on his morning walk and I was once again struck by my Zen dog :)  He has the ability to sit at the base of a tree, motionless, and watch and wait for the squirrels.  It is such an intense and pure focus.  Sometimes I will walk across the park and sit under a tree and look back at the place where he remains sitting, motionless.  I wish for moments of such intense focus and calm - and those moments are the ones that seem to come in the craft room.  I think that is why I crave spending time in that special room.  Although it can look like chaos, I know that when I am in the act of creating, I am in touch with a feeling of calm and focus that is unlike any other.  Where do you find your focus and your calm?

This card is one of the cards we will be making during my upcoming Giving Thanks Stamp-a-Stack.  These robots are so cute (from SU's Greetings Earthling stamp set)!  The robot was stamped with Staz-On and colored in with markers.  Crystal Effects was applied over the entire robot to give him that special shine.  The designer paper is from the Holiday Lounge collection (I love the futuristic/modern look of this holiday paper!).  Hope you like it!  I plan on being back in the craft room tomorrow and will be sharing more of the stamp-a-stack cards!

No comments: