Tuesday, September 29, 2009

White Gel Pen Details



Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Life Isn't About Making A Living, It Is About Making A Difference

Today's lesson is one that I often struggle with.  It seems that life's expenses and needs and wants set my course for making a living...when what I really want to be doing is making a difference.  I don't know if I have quite defined the difference I want to make.  I used to think it was about bringing peace to the world in some way, which is why I pursued a career in mediation and conflict resolution.  Now I feel that part of the difference I want to make is in helping people explore their own creativity.  If we recognize that each of us is born a creative being, and if we can exercise that creativity, who knows what we can accomplish!  What is the difference you want to make in the world?  What steps are you taking to make that difference?

Today's card was inspired by the skirt I wore yesterday :)  It is black and gray and has embroidered flowers on it.  I used my white gel pen to create the "stitching" accents.  Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Very cool. Do you have a secret to keeping your gel pen working? I have 3 of them and get so frustrated when they don't work.

Michelle Joy Wecksler said...

I am not sure there is a secret. What type of white gel pen do you use? I seem to like the Uniball Signo Broad - although I do sometimes have to scribble on a scrap piece of paper before writing on my project.