Sunday, September 06, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Rest :)

Michael has not been feeling well for the past week. He is taking a nap right now and it reminds me how important rest is for our bodies and for our well-being. The word "rest" is a bit odd - it seems we use it frequently in our day-to-day life as we try to do all the things we have on our to-do list and realize we can't do it all. We may say to ourselves "I'll do this now and do the REST later." It can be easy to put off the "rest" - and I don't mean the rest of our list - I mean actually stepping back and taking time to rest - to take deep breaths - to realize that having some daily hibernation time is crucial for our well-being. So today, I will take time to rest - I hope you will too :)

I can't seem to get enough of beads with crystal effects! I made this cupcake by using the 2-tag die and cutting the scalloped end to use for the cupcake top (you can use a scallop circle punch too - I just happen to like the extra perforated lines this die gives to the scallops). I cut a piece of paper and ran it through my paper crimper for the cupcake holder. The candle and flame were paper pieced and I added a bit of crystal effects and sprinkled on some dazzling diamonds to "light" the flame. The circles were cut using my Coluzzle. The harlequin texture was added using a texturz plate and the Big Shot. Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Marita's said...

You are sooooooo right!
I am going to rest now!
I am happy about your news about the job. I really hope to see you in January;
Kind regards from Germany!
Marita