Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Sometimes It's Nice To Just Have Someone There To Hold Your Hand

So my last day at work as a full-time employee is on Monday and I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I have been thinking about this change for over a year and I finally had the courage to take the leap :) Of course, the less than exciting part is the crazy expensive COBRA option for medical insurance - yikes!!! So today I called a local insurance company to move my insurance to them and they were too sweet. The assistant stayed on the phone with me the whole time I filled out the on-line application. She really didn't do much, or say much, but just having her there to hold my hand kept me on task and made it a lot more enjoyable than if I was all alone :) Sometimes it's just nice to have someone there to hold your hand :)

I had fun in the craft room today! I decided to try to make a magnet board and here is the result!!! I started with chipboard and adhered two 5x7 galvanized step flashing pieces (picked these up at Home Depot a long time ago) and then covered the whole thing with card stock and paper to cover up the metal. The letters were made with the Simple Alphabet dies and the flower with the daisies die. I added a few eyelets to thread the ribbon. The magnets were simple - just die cut the circles from whisper white and the Night and Day Specialty paper (in the Holiday Mini Catalog). I attached the magnets using Crytal Effects (that stuff is STRONG!). I hope you like it!!!! Now I have to go attach some notes and photos and hang it in the craft room :)

No comments: